WORLD HEPATITIS DAY: ANNIVERSARY OF A HAMSTER WHEEL
NATURAL ONLINE DOCTOR’S SUNDAY BLOG
Any medical ‘World Day’ signalizes that this or that (chronic) illness has not been solved by modern mainstream medicine yet. With millions of premature and, above all, preventable deaths. World Hepatitis Day on July 28, 2015, being no exception.
Rather, hepatitis C (HCV), a viral disease some 170 million people are affected worldwide, with 1.1 million deaths per year, is just one example. Caused by contagion via infected blood through blood transfusions, dialysis, needle sharing, sexual contact, or working in a medical environment, etc.
In fact, it is the most common blood-borne infection in the U.S., with 4 million cases and 10,000 deaths per year – again: preventable.
Aggregated by the fact that so far, there is no vaccine for hepatitis C on the market yet (only for Hepatitis A & B versions). University of Saskatchewan’s Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO) in Canada and Saint Louis University School of Medicine in Missouri. were close to develop an appropriate HCV vaccine 10 years ago but failed so far, since the HC virus is mutating constantly.
With alarming vital statistics, since hepatitis C bears a
- 70% chance of chronic liver disease,
- 20-50% chance of cirrhosis,
- 20-30% of liver cancer/failure
thus being the main cause of liver transplants in the U.S.
Additionally, HCV increases the risk of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to research at Baylor College of Medicine and the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Houston, TX.
Despite of thorough research on basic hepatitis drugs such as Interferon-alpha, Colchicine, Ribavirin, Thymosin Alpha 1, Amantadin with tremendous side effects involved.
However, as it is in similar cases of chronic disease, where mainstream medicine has no answer, natural medicine applies herbs and other remedies to relieve HCV with less or no side effects at all. Inter alia,
- vitamin K2, according to research at Osaka City University in Japan.
- Lactoferrin, a protein and main part of the immune boosterColostrum, validated by research at, inter alia, the National Cancer Center Hospital in Tokyo, Japan;
- Vitamin E
both supporting liver function according to Universities of Exeter and Plymouth in the UK;
- Milk Thistle, based on research at, inter alia, the University of Maryland:
- Eicospentaen Acid (EPA), according to research at the National Chao Tung University in Taiwan and Okayama Prefectural University in Japan.
Additionally, in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Indian Ayurveda Medicine we find nutrients like
- Turmeric (the spice which gives curry the yellow color),
which is recommended for a healthy liver, and
- Avocados, an excellent source of, inter alia, vitamin K.
There are many more natural options to relieve your HCV situation. Should you be interested in a comprehensive and personalized advice, based on your individual metabolism and with the appropriate dosages of remedies, to stop the hamster wheel you are on, contact board certified doctor of natural medicine
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
(EMAIL / SKYPE)