Losing weight is by far not only an aesthetic & quantitative issue but a qualitative one with respect to basic nutrients your body and mind needs for your health, as well. With reference to specific health issues you may be struck with. Read on to learn about the details.
THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND
Two thirds of U.S. adult population are overweight. Half of those (1/3 of adults) even obese (i.e. more than 30% above regular weight according to gender and age). However, this is not only an issue of aesthetics but rather of our health. Physically and mentally.
Just pick one example:
Acccording to the(WHO) World Health Organization(WHO) and scientifically verified in the U.S. inter alia at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX, obesity is strongly related to Alzheimer’s disease, of which more than 30 million heads are hit worldwide.
However, cutting down this risk is not only a quantitative issue of eating less – but basically a matter of eating right. Speak: consuming those nutrients your body and mind needs for well functioning. As part of a health-related meal plan.
With reference to those health issues you are suffering specifically – by developing an appropriate meal plan, accordingly.
Not only to lose weight but support your health with right nutrition at the same time.
Just pick two top rated examples of chronic diseases of high relevance in our modern society: heart failure and diabetes 2.
However, please make no mistake. While vegetarian and vegan food is certainly on the right side of healthy diet, this should not exclude other nutrients your body and mind also needs. As indicated in following.
HEART-RELATED MEAL PLAN
According to research at, inter alia,
- Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD
- Northwestern University in Chicago, IL
- University of Alabama in Birmingham, AL
following meals are recommended during the day to lose weight with healthy diet.
- fruits including, inter alia, blue-/strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, etc.
- whole grain toast
- whole grain pasta/1 cup plus vegetables like kale/tomatoes/onions/etc.
- spoon of lemon & olive oil
- salmon/2 oz
- green beans
- nuts/1 cup with walnuts/almonds/cashews
Additionally, British research at, inter alia,
- University of Aberdeen in Aberdeen, UK
- University of Edinburgh in Edinburgh, UK
- University of Stirling in Stirling, UK&
- Bournemouth University in Bournemouth, UK
recommends calorie restriction.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NNHBLI) recommends cut of 500-1000 calories/day for 6 months to lose weight of1-2 pounds per week.
DIABETES MEAL PLAN
Based on research at, inter alia, National Kapodistrian University of Athens in Greece’s capital Athens, following diet is recommended to be spread over the day, in order to lose weight but, at the same time, support the health of diabetics.
- omelet of 2 eggs
- vegetables (spinach/bell pepper/avocado/mushrooms/etc.) plus
- blueberries/1 cup
- whole grain/high fiber bread with
- canned tuna/2 oz in water plus
- lemon juice/1 tablespoon
- 1 mashed avocado
- cooked lentil penne pasta/1 cup wit
- garlic/greens/eggplant/mushrooms/zucchini cooked into it
- ground lean turkey/2 cups
- 15-20 baby carrots along with
- plain hummus/2 tablespoons
IN A NUTSHELL
Losing weight is by far not only an aesthetic & quantitative issue but a qualitative one with respect to basic nutrients your body and mind needs for your health, as well. With reference to specific health issues you may be struck with.
MEDICAL ADAGE OF THE WEEK
Leave a Reply.
As a leading documentation and information center New Medical Frontiers, Inc. receives a lot of questions daily. Learn about the answers in this blog "Ask The Natural Online Doctor".
Dr. Mark Fritz, NMD, PhD